“But I like to think that a lot of managers and executives trying to solve problems miss the forest for the trees by forgetting to look at their people — not at how much more they can get from their people or how they can more effectively manage their people. I think they need to look a little more closely at what it’s like for their people to come to work there every day.” – Gordon Bethune, Continental Airlines
Why should you survey your employees? In addition to being one of your company’s biggest costs, your employees are also one of your company’s greatest assets. Employee survey questions help understand your employees better. It’s your employees who can:
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Decrease costs due to employee and customer turnover.
- Deliver your brand most effectively, strengthening your brand against competitors.
- Increase productivity, and hence, profitability.
Yup, employees are pretty important for your business! Indeed, research has shown that companies that regularly seek employee opinions – whether informally or formally through surveys – and then act on that information are much more likely to be successful. And studies have also shown a positive correlation between employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction. So why do so many businesses miss the opportunity to tap into that vast resource of experience, knowledge and attitudes?
Today, especially with online surveys, employee research is neither expensive nor time-consuming. By understanding the concerns of your employees through employee research, companies are better able to implement policies and procedures that drive business success. Your employee survey will generate results worth many times your small investment.
Employee surveys can assess just about anything that relates to the work environment, including:
- Overall employee satisfaction
- Employee Engagement
- Management/employee relations
- Corporate culture
- Climate (including career development, compensation and benefits, recognition and rewards, working conditions and safety, training, staffing levels, policies and procedures)
- Customer expectations and needs
- Competitive Intelligence
- Brand knowledge and delivery
Whether you need an employee survey designed from scratch, or have an existing survey to administer, Infosurv takes extraordinary measures to ensure validity, reliability and bias reduction. Our goal is to help you compose a highly relevant survey instrument that will yield valid conclusions that drive improvements in your business.
Download our Employee Research Services Overview
* These fields are required.