Infosurv partnered with Actimize, a NICE Systems company and the largest and broadest financial crime, to administer their biennial study measuring employee fraud within financial institutions. Here’s what we found:
- Eighty-two percent of those surveyed, approximately a quarter more than in 2007, see the threat of employee fraud growing and 78 percent see the employee fraud problem increasing due to the slower economy.
- More than 69 percent of respondents view full-time employees as the highest risk segment, seven to 14 times more risky than part-time, offshore, outsource or temporary employees
- Sixty-seven percent of those surveyed think that a half or less of employee fraud cases are actually caught
- When ranking top ways firms uncover employee fraud, 34 percent admitted “accidentally”
- Well over half of the respondents listed budget as their company’s biggest internal challenge as it relates to managing the employee fraud threat
To view the full summary of our findings, please visit www.actimize.com.